Ok…..after 37 years of working with the last 28 at Verizon, I am officially retired. Today is Day 1. I’m really not sure what to do so I thought I’d try blogging about my journey. All of the experts tell you to have a plan. I was to busy to figure out a plan so here I am. My main goals are to:
- Get healthy and spend plenty of time exercising
- Take courses and keep my mind active
I think the first thing to do is to is figure out a routine. I have had a routine most of my life so how do I get going. Luckily, work has been light for the last couple of months and I have been working primarily at home so I have been exercising for a couple of hours a day but not at the same time or place. There is so much to do that it seems a bit overwhelming! So – let’s break it down.
- Assume that I have the hours 8-6 to fill each day – 10 hours – how does that go?
- let’s start with the most important – exercise – let’s say 3 hours to give me time to walk in the neighborhood and drive to the gym to work out
- 1 hour to read
- 1 hour on “business related things” – paying bills, dealing with real estate agents, all those yechy things that we have to do but are a drag
- 2 hours working on the house – getting it organized, ready for sale etc
- 2 hours for meals – an hour for breakfast and an hour for lunch
- 1 hour for just down time